BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP
Hello from Sandgrens!
Sandgrens is a growing Swedish-American e-commerce fashion brand that sets the standard for handmade clogs, not just in the United States, but throughout the world. We sell the highest quality clogs that are made by hand at our factory in Sweden.
We, the Sandgrens team, are a young group working with a very traditional footwear, bringing new ideas, energy and a modern flair. We work together, we help each other, and we get the job done well.
Sandgrens is growing rapidly, and we need a highly motivated, independent college student or recent college graduate to help organize and administer our operation, including brand development.
We are committed to giving you the space to explore, have full time employee responsibilities, present your own insights to top management, and to become a future leader.
You will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one. Sandgrens has a long history of a well-established internship program. It has shaped the company to become an entrepreneurial and agile business, where your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often implemented.
At the end of the internship, you will be given the opportunity to present a project to top management as the final step to be considered for a full-time role.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data
- Coordinate and evaluate logistics, shipping and supply chain trends
- Evaluate overall sales trends within the world-wide operation
- Track monthly, quarterly and annual departmental budgets, track sales and other key analytical data Coordinate and oversee e-commerce platforms, including new platforms
- Provide process improvement recommendations within all related departments
- Help launch new initiatives
- Use your skills to surprise and delight the end user, whether you have a consumer, a retail partner, or co-worker as your customer
- Report directly to the Director of Operations on all Branding, Customer Experience, Administrative, E-Commerce, Logistics and Supply-Chain matters
- Fully own individual project(s) with strategic business impact
- Travel to Sweden and Europe as necessary
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a 4-year college or university pursuing a degree in E-Commerce, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a related field of study with an expected graduation of July 2022 at the latest.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exceptional ability with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to start working full time upon graduation, or at the end of the internship, if already graduated
- Driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a full time, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Who you are:
- Strong desire to be a leader and confidence in your ability to learn
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong desire to provide exceptional vision and work product
- Willingness and keen ability to listen, learn and speak-up
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience.
- This includes part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, internships, or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Business Development through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness in terms of identity, strengths, weaknesses, goals, abilities, and limitations
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced and accomplished entrepreneurs
- True opportunity for advancement in all fields from production, logistics, marketing, e-commerce, administration and leadership
- Flexible schedule for students
- Paid training
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Phone allowance
- Learning all about and enjoying Swedish Fika
- Employee discounts for employees, friends and family
Most importantly, we appreciate our people in a way written words don’t do a proper justice and you will learn more during your internship with Sandgrens than you will at any other company, more-or-less guaranteed.
Sandgrens isn’t going to hold you back. If you have the right attitude, work hard and provide useful insight and solutions, you have ample opportunity to advance both personally and professionally within our organization.
- Tight-knit workgroup with easy, direct and regular contact with top management
- An open work environment where we take our product seriously but understand that things need to be mixed up and we create our own fun
- You probably need to be able to “kill-two-birds-with-one-stone”, as this is the owner’s favorite expression
Job Type: Full-time internship. Part time internship may be considered under certain circumstances.
Salary: Depends on qualifications.
Ready to join? Contact us with resume at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22nd, 2021.
Sandgrens is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity within our organization. Sandgrens recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions exclusively based on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Even if it isn’t protected by law, we do things the right way, fair and objective.